Who doesn’t love a good Fall recipe? I certainly do. I’ve had some steel cut oats in my pantry for about a month and didn’t really know how to prepare them. Finally, I decided to try overnight steel cut oats.There are so many ways to prepare them and I settled on the overnight method.
Time: 10 minutes or less
- In a clean mason jar put ¼ c. of steel cut oats.
- Add a pinch of ground flax seed, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add ½ c. milk of your choice. I used almond milk.
- Seal the Mason jar tight and shake the ingredients together. Or you can stir the ingredients with a spoon before sealing the Mason jar.
- Leave on the counter at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning the oats should have softened but they will still have a chewy texture.
I nuke mine for about a minute to warm them up because I don’t like cold oatmeal. Then add berries, granola, nuts, and dried cherries. You can add any combination of toppings you like. I also used stevia to sweeten.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy Holiday Favorite Easy Chocolate Bark!
Don’t forget to sign up for my mailing list for sneak peaks of what’s happening on the blog, giveaway details, and special offers from my favorite eco-friendly brands!